You know those people who have a separate playlist for every possible occasion? I am the complete opposite. I have one giant playlist entitled Singing in My Car that I made almost a year ago. It goes from Ed Sheeran to Kendrick Lamar to Mumford & Sons. There is absolutely no flow. It has enough music to get me through my five-hour drive home from school but I find myself constantly skipping songs because I am not in the mood to listen to them.
I realized that I have a playlist problem when I was in the shower; where I am physically unable to change the song without drenching my entire bathroom. I am not a shower-singer so I prefer listening to relaxing songs versus throwback pop songs. I would hear one James Blunt song and, bam, it’s Fergalicious time according to my giant playlist.
It hit me that I am horrible at compiling playlists, but it is never too late to change a bad habit! I actually took the time to put together a playlist of only songs that I find relaxing and shower-approved. It is also great for driving down backroads, I tested that out today.
Listen to on Spotify
Listen to on YouTube
- Say You Won’t Let Go // James Arthur
- Bonfire Heart // James Blunt
- Time Of Our Lives // James Blunt
- Alive // Sia
- Photograph // Ed Sheeran
- Perfect // Ed Sheeran
- Happier // Ed Sheeran
- Hearts Don’t Break Around Here // Ed Sheeran
- Believe // Mumford & Sons
- Ribs // Lorde
- Sign of the Times // Harry Styles
- Sweet Creature // Harry Styles
- Now or Never // Halsey
- Malibu // Miley Cyrus
- Too Much To Ask // Niall Horan
- Paper Houses // Niall Horan
- Flicker // Niall Horan
- Mirrors // Niall Horan
- Castle on the Hill // Ed Sheeran
- Tenerife Sea // Ed Sheeran
- Kiss Me // Ed Sheeran
- Save Myself // Ed Sheeran
- Keep Your Head Up // Ben Howard
- Let It Go // James Bay
- Make Me Better // James Blunt
I’m glad that I finally have a playlist to listen to in the shower without wanting to skip every other song! The next playlist I am going to attempt to tackle is an upbeat one; let me know if you are interested in hearing that!