ABOUT LAUREN’S JOURNEY
Lauren’s Journey is a mental health and lifestyle blog aimed to promote an open discussion of mental health among young adults. Here you will find advice for coping and striving with your mental illness as well as tips for a successful college life. This blog is here to help readers achieve their life goals while encouraging self-love.
I am an undergraduate at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a minor in Education. I’m passionate about raising awareness about mental health and domestic violence on college campuses. After receiving my bachelor’s degree, I intend on attending graduate school to pursue a master’s degree, and eventually, working as a therapist for survivors of domestic violence. I am a lifetime sister of Alpha Chi Omega (LITB!), a member of Psi Chi, the International Honor Society for Psychology, and an Executive Marketer for Sisters on the Runway at UMass. I love photography, traveling, and rabbits.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Here are 10 fun facts about me:
- I’ve seen Ed Sheeran in concert seven times and will see him an eighth time in 2018!
- I grew up in Queens, New York and currently live in central New Jersey.
- Besides the United States, I’ve been to Canada, Israel, and the United Kingdom.
- I have four tattoos: a rabbit, an Ed Sheeran quote, a hydrangea, and Ed Sheeran’s album symbols.
- I have horrible eyesight and wear contacts every day.
- My favorite color is periwinkle.
- I watch Hocus Pocus every October and would consider it my favorite movie.
- Sloths and otters are my favorite animals besides rabbits.
- I can’t wear socks if they don’t match.
- My favorite place I’ve ever visited is Edinburgh, Scotland.